Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Baby Gavin


Friday Morning  Feruary 26th Jason and I headed up to the hospital at 7 am for me to be induced.  I was at a "good 3 cent." when I got there. They started PIT at 9:00.  Dr. Firth broke my water at 12:30. Made it to 6.5 cent. And was stuck there for hours. My body was not reacting to the PIT anymore. They stopped giving it to me, and within an hour or so I was at 10! But heaven forbid I start pushing.... NOOO. 
I had to wait another half hour for my Dr to show up. 
I pushed for about 20 Minutes and Gavin Paul Garrett was here.
9:59pm
7.7 LBS
21 Inches
It was so scary cause the cord was wrapped around his head twice. They were able to slip the first loop off. but had to cut off the second. He Was not crying at all and I kept asking if he was okay. They reassured me that he was just fine, and healthy as a horse. He only whimpered a few times. and then started humming and talking nonstop. Carter was able to come up to the hospital. but had to wait out in the hall till everything was cleaned up. He kept talking to me..."mom are you okay" "mom i hear the baby"  "mom I love you" 
" mom can i come see you yet?" I couldn't help but cry. Carter is the dearest little guy. So concerned with how his mom and little brother are doing. Gavin couldn't ask for a better big brother.
Finally Carter came in and could not stop smiling. Everything is perfect!!

Carter waiting patiently out in the hall.


My little men!!



Grumpy Gavin


  
Jaundice!! We all hate these lights!
THank you everyone for all your love and support with our new baby!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You'r baby is so cute!!! You will have to bring him to jalanes sometime so we can see him !!!

Bryce and Britt said...

He is SO perfect guys!! Congrats!

MARNIE HAMMOND said...

He is just adorable. Congrats!!! The cord was wrapped around Skyler's neck too, its a scary thing. I love the name Gavin too. Glad you both are doing great