Tuesday, January 19, 2010

PROJECTS!!!


Jason Turned 23 on the January 17th!
(Wow, I'm getting old!)
For his birthday, I wanted to do something other than buying a gift. He has had this poster of this picture for years and has just hung on to it wanting to frame it. (with old barn wood)
Last year Jason's grandpa tore down one of his barns, and we went out there and saved some of the wood. The wood has just been sitting out in one of our sheds, so i decided that i was going to preserve some of his memories of that barn by framing this picture with his grandpa's wood.
My grandpa Bryce White does wonderful wood work, so he was my go to guy! I spent a day up at my grandparents helping my grandpa make this frame. It turned out so beautiful. He did a wonderful Job!
Jason was so surprised when i brought it into him for his Birthday! Priceless!!!!
Thanks for your help Grandpa!!!! We love you!!

 
 
I had started this blanket when i had first found out that i was having a baby boy. Months later I decided to finish it. While up at my grandparents this last week, my Grandma Joann helped me finish this blanket. It ended up being a little more complicated then i expected. She helped me put the batting, and silky back on, but left me to the binding.  I am glad she did. It is a great thing to learn.
The blanket turned out so cute. I hope the baby loves it as much as i do!
Thanks Grandma! Also, thanks for the wonderful work you did on the other blanket!!!
Love you both so much! 

No comments: